Skip to content
- Rental Period: Instruments are rented from Owner, Roland Huthmaker Bowed String Instruments (DBA Huthmaker Violins), for a minimum of two months, payable in advance. Rental payments are due on the first (1st) or fifteenth (15th) of each month. The rental period continues until the instrument is returned to the Owner, or the instrument is paid in full.
- No Rental Refunds: I understand that the rental payment is not refundable under any circumstances. Rent payment cannot be pro-rated.
- Title: I acknowledge that: (a) I have no claim or title to the rented instrument and (b) full title and ownership of the rented equipment shall remain at all time with the Owner. I agree not to sell, convey, mortgage, lease, encumber, transfer or otherwise dispose of any of the rented equipment without the written consent of Owner. All repairs to rental equipment must be made by Owner. Rental equipment cannot be taken out of the state of Georgia.
- Risk of Loss: I hereby assume and shall bear the entire risk of loss, theft of, damage to, or destruction of the rented equipment and, in the event of loss f the rented equipment, agree to pay the full list price value plus sales tax (less any applicable rental payments).
- Basic Maintenance Contract: I agree that Owner shall, for a monthly maintenance fee, assume all financial responsibility for accidental damage, for normal wear and tear only, of rented equipment under this contract as set out below. Maintenance fees cover any repairs up to $10.00 per calendar year for violins or violas and $150.00 per calendar year for ‘cellos. Any repairs exceeding that amount will be my (the Renter) financial responsibility. This maintenance fee does not cover theft, loss, string replacement, cosmetic damage or vandalism, for which I (the Renter) am responsible.
- Extended Maintenance (Optional): For a fee, Owner will be financially responsible for any repairs, theft (with a police report dated within 7 days of theft), cosmetic damage or vandalism for the instrument in this contract.
- Owner Not Responsible: I understand that Owner is not responsible for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, whether caused by the negligence or Renter or its agent or representative, or otherwise resulting for any delay, detention, late delivery, non-delivery, defect, malfunction or deficiency in the rental equipment.
- Return or Recovery of Equipment: At the end of the rental period, I agree to return the rental equipment in satisfactory condition, ordinary wear and tear excepted, to Owner’s pace of business at the address listed above, at my sole cost, risk and expense. Instruments returned dirty or with finger tapes/markings are subject to cleaning fee determined by Owner. If I should fail, for any reason, to return the rented equipment at the end of the rental period, I agree to cooperate fully with Owner and its agents or representatives in their efforts to regain possession of the rented equipment. All the rental credit under Rent to Purchase is forfeited when rented equipment is returned.
- Reimbursement of Owner’s Costs: If I should breach this Rental Agreement in any way I agree to pay all reasonable costs and expenses of Owner incurred in regaining possession of the rented equipment, the value of the rented equipment or any other sums due Owner under this agreement, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees and courts costs, if any.
- Late Payments, Late Fees: If I am more than ten (10) days late in paying any sums due under this Rental Agreement or in returning the rental equipment, the Owner may, without notice, bill my credit card for the rental payment(s) plus a late fee of $5.00 per month. Any payment more than thirty (30) days late will no be credited to the Rent to Purchase.
- Termination of Agreement: This Rental Agreement may be terminated by the Owner or myself at any time, providing I have paid all rental payments in full and the instrument is returned in satisfactory condition.
Purchase of Instrument: Rent Only: No credit towards purchase Rent to Purchase: All timely paid rental fees will be credited to the purchase of the instrument listed in this contract.
- Entire Agreement: This Rental Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between myself and Owner and shall not be amended, altered or changed except by a written agreement signed by the parties hereto. I hereby represent and warrant that I am of legal age, have received the listed equipment, have received a copy of the Rental Agreement and have read and do fully understand all the terms of the Rental Agreement.